Sport Street, Nationwide
Brand Ambassador (March 2013 – present)
- Share Sport Street branded content through social media, mobile and email marketing strategies.
- Contribute to the growth of Sport Street Platform. Interact with friends, students and other sports fans.
- Promote the Sport Street brand as well as educate people about the benefits of the Sport Street Platform.
Learfield Sports-Indiana University Sports Properties, Bloomington, Indiana
Corporate Partnership Services Intern (August 2012 – present)
- Manage Indiana University Sports Property activation during home football games
- Support associate general manager with executing sponsor’s promotions during Indiana University home football games
- Execute promotions during home football games
- Serve as liaison to corporate sponsors during hospitality events
Indiana University Athletics Ticket Office, Bloomington, Indiana
Sales Assistant (August 2012 – present)
- Sell season tickets, single game, and mini plans through Ticketmaster Archtics.
- Generate sales by pitching marketing promotions including Family 4-Pack, Young Alumni, Group Sales, etc.
- Strengthen association between university athletics & corporate partners with onsite ticket sales at local Kroger locations.
USA Track&Field, Indianapolis, Indiana
Marketing Intern (May 2012 - August 2012)
- Assisted with Marketing Department needs for London 2012 Olympics
- Researched event marketing tactics for benefits of membership retention and participation
- Assisted in the development and execution of sponsor related event benefits for VISA, Gatorade, BMW, & Nike
- Developed eight sponsor presentations and recap books for the 2012 Indoor VISA Championship Series
- Developed two corporate sponsorship proposals
- Managed nearly $100,000 of ticket order fulfillment for 2012 Olympic Trials and London 2012 Olympics
- Assisted Business Operations & Merchandise Department with restocking merchandise and fulfilling over 3,000 online orders
- Formatted 2012 Olympian biographies for United States Olympic Committee’s media guide
Twin Lakes Recreation Center, Bloomington, Indiana
Front Desk Associate (August 2011 – May 2012)
- Register members and nonmembers for sports programs and fitness services
- Give prospective members tours of the facility and provide customer service to members and visitors
- Sell and renew memberships to recreational facility
Homeport by Columbus Housing Partnership, Columbus, Ohio
Marketing Coordinator, AMERICORPS VOLUNTEER (July 2010 – July 2011)
- Managed special events, health, and fitness programs, and marketed services to residents.
- Researched and established a strategy that increased participant involvement by 10%.
- Developed minor fundraising proposals acquiring value in kind and gift cards from several local businesses including but not limited to Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Kroger, and Walmart.
- Developed minor grant proposals and retained compliance for grant funding.
- Coordinated community research and program statistics.
- Reported monthly program statistics to Community Life Director
Ohio State University
Women’s Track & Field, Columbus, Ohio
Video Operations & Team Manager (March 2009 - June 2011)
- Filmed practices and competitive meets (indoor & outdoor season)
- Assisted coaches with practice operations including equipment and edited videos
- Served as communications coordinator regarding practice times, meet information, and team events
- Calculated statistics during practice and competitive meets (indoor & outdoor seasons)
Sinclair Broadcast Group: WSYX ABC 6/ WTTE Fox 28, Columbus, Ohio
Sport Media Intern (March 2009 - June 2009)
- Edited sports highlights on AVID for sports news segment.
- Handled minor media related phone calls and email inquiries.
- Transcribed and edited scripts for ABC 6/FOX 28 news anchors.
- Researched leads and cold called 21 different police stations around and near Columbus, OH.
- Managed all incoming press releases and enter them into the AVID Newscutter.
- Assisted with control room operations using the switcher during 10PM/11PM news.
- Monitored assignment desk and entered press releases into INEWS database
- Operated switch board during 10PM/11PM news
Buckeye TV- 19, Columbus, Ohio
Avid Editor for Sports Department (March 2008 - Feb 2009) Buckeye Sports Reporter (Jan 2010 - April 2010)
- Edited sports videos and clips on Avid Media Composer and Final Cut
- Reported campus sports and local area news packages
- Assisted sports director with production, post-production, and other broadcast operations
CCSTV11, Canton Ohio
Student Sports Reporter and Production Editor (August 2004 - June 2006)
- Color commentated Canton City School basketball games alongside professional sportscaster
- Reported live post-game interviews with players and coaches
- Assisted director and producer with post-production
Canton Legends Arena Football/ CCSTV 11, Canton, Ohio
Student Sports Reporter and Audio Engineer (February 2006 - May 2006)
- Interviewed professionals of AIFA
- Edited post-game interviews on AVID Media Composer
- Responsible for audio quality and audio feed for local station
- Seven years of experience in non-linear editing with Avid Media Composer and Macintosh Final Cut Pro
- Five years of experience reporting and editing sports and news
- One year of experience with direct marketing and promoting local events
- Social Media Expertise: WordPress, Facebook, Foursquare, Getglue, TripAdvisor, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, Yelp, & YouTube
- AVID Media Composer, Audacity Pro, Final Cut Pro, Digital Photography, Adobe (Photoshop, Fireworks, & Dreamweaver) & Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Access)
- Portfolio: http://www.mardezdesmond.com/skill
AWARDS, HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Lucille M. Swift-Mona M. Russell Scholarship Recipient (HPER-IU) 2012-2013
- Indiana University Educational Opportunity Fellowship 2012-2013
- Columbus Crew Teammate Networking Event 2013
- Certificate of Congressional (OH 15th District) Recognition for Service to the Community 2011
- Certificate of Commitment to National Service- Corporation of National and Community Service 2011
- North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) 2011
- Association for Women in Sports Media (AWSM) since 2009
- National Association of Black Journalist (NABJ) since 2008
- Ohio State University Track and Field (800m) 2007-2009
- Volunteer- “Cook and Play”- the Healthy Way 2012
- Volunteer-Corporation for National and Community Service: AmeriCorps-VISTA 2010-2011
- Volunteer Broad Street Food Pantry 2010
- Volunteer Horizon Science Academy 1st grade Class 2009-2010
- Volunteer for The Nike + Human Race 2009
- Volunteer for Columbus (OH) Marathon October 2008/2009
- Scholar Athlete; Women’s Track and Field 2007/2008
- Registration Personnel for Cincinnati Winter Sports Festival 2007
- Volunteer Habitat for Humanity Summer 2007
- Best in Broadcasting 2006